WE RAISE THE BAR
IN ENERGY EFFICIENCY
PIONEERING GREENER LIVING
Efficient homes should be more than just an option — they should be the norm. Energy savings every month and peace of mind are the two most important benefits a homeowner can count on when they buy one of Empire’s high-performance Environments for Living® certified home, which is better for you and the environment. The best part is, your energy bills will be lower and that means greater cost savings to our homeowners, not to mention a smaller carbon footprint.
PEACE OF MIND
At Empire, we pride ourselves on a high standard of quality when building your home. It’s important that all our homes meet a certain caliber and come with an industry stamp of approval. All Empire homes are compliant with VARB ATCM 93120 Phase II and Toxic Substances Control Act Title VI, and we are proud to carry the KCMA’s Environmental Stewardship Program (ESP) certification. Green highlights include:
• Carb2 compliant floorings that are rigorously tested for indoor air quality.
• All interior paints are low VOC <50 grams per litre.
• Most appliances are Energy-Star rated.
• Radiant barrier sheathing included in all single-family homes.
• Tankless hot water heater included in all communities except Landings at NoDa and West End Towns.
• LED or CFL bulbs included.
• Use of Quickflash Electrical Flashing for all penetrations throughout the building envelop to seal the building tighter and make the home more energy efficient, as well as eliminate water infiltration.