When you update your home or purchase new valuables, you need to upgrade your insurance to include these items. As you plan major changes, contact your insurance broker to discuss how to they will impact your premium. Call when:
- You change, add or pay off your mortgage or if your mortgage is a line of credit.
- You update your roof, heat, plumbing or electrical services.
- You plan to finish the basement, add an addition or renovate.
- You plan to start or already have a home-based business.
- You add a monitored alarm system to your home.
- Your dwelling becomes unoccupied or the occupants of the home have changed.
- You rent out a part of your home to another family or boarder.
- You install a woodstove.
- You make a major purchase.
The key takeaway is to treat your insurance broker as an advisor for big purchases or renovations. Keep your broker informed to ensure you will be properly protected. The worst time to find out your insurance plan is out of date is after you have discovered damage and are making a claim. With that, we wrap up our series on properly protecting your biggest asset: your home. If you have questions about what you have read or how it applies to you, contact Kelly at Morison Insurance at 1-888-214-1929 or email@example.com.
Morison Insurance Brokers Ltd. offers tips and information for general informational purposes only, and it is not to be relied upon or used for any particular purpose. The information contained or referenced in these articles is not intended to constitute and should not be considered professional advice. The information does not serve as a substitute for the recipient obtaining such advice.