Hosting a Sunday brunch but not sure what to serve? We’ve got you covered. Try this delicious one pan BLT frittata recipe courtesy of Chef Yvette Kerns — Owner of Petite Cook Charlotte — that will have your guests reaching for seconds… and thirds.
Prep Time: 20 minutes | Total Time: 30 minutes | Makes: 8 servings
What You’ll Need:
- 3 tbsp. avocado or olive oil
- 8 slices applewood smoked bacon, cooked and chopped
- 3 – 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 shallot, finely diced
- 8 cups fresh arugula
- 16 oz. grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup goat cheese, crumbled
- 12 extra-large eggs 1/3 cup half-and-half
- 1 tsp. salt and some black pepper
What to Do:
1. Preheat oven to 400ºF. Add oil to a 12-inch cast iron or non-stick oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat. Add bacon pieces, shallots, and garlic to the pan. Saute for 3 – 4 minutes. Add arugula and stir in grape tomatoes.
2. In a separate dish, whisk the eggs together adding the half-and-half. Add in salt and pepper.
3. Pour the eggs over the arugula and tomato mixture. Distribute 4 ounces of goat cheese on top. Allow the eggs to set. Use a spatula to slightly raise the eggs off the bottom of the skillet.
4. Once the frittata has had time to set, transfer it to the oven and bake for 10 – 12 minutes until the top is deep golden brown.
5. Remove the frittata from the oven and let it stand for 5 minutes.
6. Top with arugula, a tomato slice, bacon crumble and goat cheese before serving.
About Petite Cook Charlotte
With over 20 years of culinary experience, Petite Cook Charlotte has been cooking and creating dishes for company wellness programs, retreats, small business events and other community-based venues around the greater Charlotte area. Chef Yvette Kerns attributes her passion for the culinary arts to her diverse experiences that have lead her to where she is today. Visit petitecookcharlotte.com and follow @petitecookcharlotte for more brunch ideas and seasonal recipes.
Need more entertaining inspiration? Check out this delicious salty paloma recipe for any occasion and five essential entertaining tips for an intimate gathering. Happy brunching!