If you’re reading this article, you’ve probably purchased a home with Empire Communities, and will soon have a Pre-Construction and Interior Finishes appointment lined up with our team. One of the advantages of building a new home is the opportunity to make choices that reflect your unique style and needs, which are established during these two meetings. But exactly what do these appointments entail? If you’re unsure about the differences between the two, don’t stress. Continue reading to discover all you need to know about these appointments, including how to best prepare for them.
The Pre-Construction appointment focuses on items in your home that need to be identified early in the construction process, before the walls are drywalled. These upgrades and options are specific to areas such as the basement, HVAC, electrical, lighting, and plumbing. Your personal design consultant will meet with you virtually to review your available options and answer any questions you may have.
Interior Finishes Appointment
The Interior Finishes appointment is your opportunity to select your home’s interior features and finishes. At this in-person appointment at our Design Centre in Caledonia, your design consultant will help you curate the overall aesthetic of your home. From kitchen finishes and countertops to flooring and interior door styles, this appointment will ensure your new home aligns with your style and intended function.
- Review the pre-construction and interior finishes wishlists of available upgrades.
- Come prepared with inspirational images to communicate your vision and intended use of the space.
- Create a list of appliances outside of the standard openings including built-in cooktops, wall ovens, built-in microwaves, etc. so these can be accounted for ahead of time. *Please note, electrical and gas requirements must be ordered at the Pre-Construction appointment to accommodate speciality appliances (if kitchen layout permits).
- Provide an updated bank letter if you anticipate total upgrades exceeding the threshold specified for your community.
- Review our policies and procedures, as well as which features come standard with our homes.
- Pre-Construction appointments can take up to two hours and are virtual meetings. Sign into Microsoft Teams using the link provided via email 15 minutes prior to your scheduled meeting.
- Interior Finishes appointments can take up to three hours and are held in-person at Empire’s Design Centre. Remember to arrive 15 minutes before your appointment.
- A maximum of two people, or those on title, can attend each appointment. For safety, children are not permitted at the Design Centre.
For more helpful insight on moving and design, check out our ultimate moving guide to help you navigate your big day, and learn how to curate the coastal retreat of your dreams.