Known as refreshing go-tos at any brunch, the paloma and mimosa are guaranteed crowd pleasers — but they don’t have to be basic. Mixologist Taylor Redd knows a thing or two about making a killer drink, and her twist on these two classic cocktails are a testament to that. Read on to learn how to make two of the best beginner cocktails for any occasion that’ll have your guests thinking you’re a certified mixologist.
Grapefruit Paloma | Ingredients:
- 1 oz. grapefruit rum
- 2 oz. vodka
- 5 oz. lime simple syrup
- Grapefruit soda
- 1 lime
What To Do:
1. Combine rum, vodka and lime simple syrup into a shaker with ice, and shake together.
2. Pour ingredients from the shaker into your cocktail glass and add ice.
3. Top the glass with soda fill.
4. Stir and garnish with a lime.
Peach Mimosa | Ingredients:
- 1.5 oz. peach whiskey
- 1 oz. peach puree
- 1 bunch baby’s breath
What To Do:
1. Pour the whiskey and peach puree into the glass.
2. Top the glass with chilled prosecco.
3. Garnish with baby’s breath.
About Taylor Redd, Mixologist
Taylor Redd is the founder of Redd Rose vodka and the Mocktail and Cocktail Catering Company. With over 8 years of bartending experience, she began her bartending career while working her way through law school to make ends meet, before fully immersing herself into the world of mixology. Today, Taylor manages her businesses and works as a certified mixologist — truly enjoying the craft of drink-making and all things hospitality. To learn more about Taylor and for cocktail how-to’s, visit pourmixology.com & follow @pourmixology on Instagram.