Appetizer Bean Salad
- 1 can yellow beans
- 1 can green beans
- 1 can kidney beans
- 1 can lima beans
- 1 can chick peas
- 1 cup green/red pepper
- 1 cup celery
- 2/3 cup white vinegar (preferably wine vinegar not balsamic)
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Add dressing to beans and mix well together. Then add 1 thinly sliced onion (red or white, but I prefer the red as it is sweeter).
- Refrigerate 24 hours and mix again once ready to serve. Will keep for up to 1 week.
Dessert: Pineapple Banana Loaf
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup undrained, crushed pineapple
- 3 eggs
- 1 ½ cups canola oil
- 2 cups mashed ripe bananas (about 5 bananas)
- 2 tsp vanilla
- Combine first 5 dry ingredients. Beat remaining ingredients together in a large bowl until blended.
- Add remaining dry ingredients, stirring until thoroughly combined. Spread in two greased pans, dividing evenly.
- Bake at 350°F for 60 – 70 minutes.
- Cool 15 minutes in pan, then remove rack and cool completely.
Tip: Stir 1 cup of chopped nuts into batter if desired.