In the world of interior design, there’s one particular style that has captured our hearts, featuring a unique blend of comfort, vibrant colours, and a touch of the unconventional. Welcome to the realm of Boho Chic — an interior design that marries the bohemian spirit with chic sophistication. Designer Jane Lockhart showcases this interior design style in our Belfountain model at Empire Canals in Welland. Learn more about what was involved in the design process and how to replicate the look at home.
Thoughtful Design Choices
Encompassing solid surface countertops and hardwood floors, the interiors of the Belfountain exude the essence of boho chic, with meticulous design elements tailored to meet the diverse needs of its homeowners. An upstairs bedroom was transformed into a spacious work nook for homework and virtual meetings, while an open-concept living room serves as the perfect gathering point. The convenience of a second-floor laundry room adds practicality, ensuring that household tasks are both functional and stylish. The home’s well-designed floor plan creates a natural airiness and fosters a sense of innate spaciousness, bathing each room in ample natural light. This contributes to achieving the boho chic aesthetic and ambiance, even without additional elements.
Designer-Selected Finishes, Furnishings, and Accessories
One of the main attractions of the Belfountain’s boho chic look is its attainable nature. Without compromising elegance, this design embraces cost-conscious choices that are beautiful, functional, and can be incorporated into the home’s aesthetic with ease. The strategic use of paint accents and feature walls introduces colour and texture, infusing the space with warmth and visual interest.
What Makes the Belfountain Unique
What makes this boho chic home special is its harmonious connection between the interior and exterior. Maintaining consistent colour palettes and textures, a cohesive narrative is woven from the outside in. Its minimal but impactful upgrades cater to the cost-conscious homeowner, creating a home filled with immense potential, without the need for extravagant investments in enhancements or furniture.
Looking to Achieve this Boho Chic Look in Your Home? Incorporate These Staple Products
1. Light Linen: Opt for light linen textiles, such as curtains, throw pillows, and bedding. The breezy and relaxed feel of linen complements the boho chic aesthetic.
Tulare Terracotta Red Pillow, Article.
Fringed Table Runner, Williams Sonoma.
2. Natural Coloured Wicker: Incorporate wicker furniture or accents to bring an organic touch to your space. These pieces add texture and contribute to the laid-back vibe of the style.
Tisdell Cane and Khaki Oak Wood Queen Bed, Crate&Barrel.
Vernet Travertine Cane Round End Table, Crate&Barrel.
Malibu Woven Console Table in Natural, Pottery Barn.
3. Greenery: Embrace the bohemian love for nature by introducing a variety of indoor plants. Greenery adds vibrancy and life to the space, creating a refreshing atmosphere.
4. Medium to Light Hardwood: Hardwood is a crucial element in achieving the boho chic look. Choose flooring, furniture pieces and accessories in medium to light washes to enhance the natural feel of the space.
5. Woven Tapestries or Macramé: Adorn your walls with woven tapestries or macramé hangings. These intricate pieces of art introduce texture and an authentic bohemian touch.
Interested in exploring some of other trending design styles? Take a look at this modern farmhouse in the heart of Thorold, ON, and discover 4 inspiring ways to design rooms to suit your needs.